See how OneAmerica is building stronger communities.
In the Community
From our Indianapolis home base, we’ve grown into a national provider in insurance and financial services, with offices in California, Maine, Wisconsin and beyond. Woven into the fabric of our business is a commitment to make a difference in our local communities and the people we serve.
Helping others is at the core of OneAmerica, and our vision for our communities across the country is to improve quality of life by focusing our giving and volunteer efforts in these core areas:
Safety, Wellness & Success
Being there for you means working to keep our communities healthy and safe. We support our neighbors and those in need through disaster relief, feeding the hungry, the homeless and by providing essential needs and services through United Way agencies.
Community success spotlight:
A proud and long-standing supporter of the United Way, OneAmerica 1,100 associates served at agencies across the country for 3,300 volunteer hours during our annual Week of Caring.Learn More
Your cause may align with our core areas of support! And, we strive to give back to all the communities where we do business.
Our core belief is to be here when our customers need us most and pay the benefits as promised. Our business goal is to help our customers and their families prepare for their financial futures. Each year, we set aside a portion of the company’s average earnings for our grant programs – to extend that commitment of not only helping our customers, but helping meet the needs of our communities, as well.
- Education (primarily K-12, early childhood and at-risk populations)
- Workforce development efforts to increase employment and develop talent locally
- Community safety, wellness and success that provides support for basic community needs
- Arts and cultural experiences that add to the vibrancy of the community
- Civic initiatives that strengthen our communities
Grant Guidelines & Grant Application
Our standard process is for contribution and sponsorship requests to be reviewed and approved during the third quarter of each year (July-September) to help determine the following year’s budget. Occasionally, the OneAmerica® Contributions Committee reviews new, unbudgeted requests from 501(c)3 organizations and allocates funds from a limited reserve.
Requests for contributions must be submitted with the following information:
- The organization’s name and mission.
- Why funds are needed, how they’ll be used and how they will impact the community.
- Amount of the request.
- Other sources of funding the organization receives.
- A copy of the 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, verifying the organization’s tax-exempt status.
For contribution requests contact:
Community Affairs Director
OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc.
PO Box 368
Indianapolis, IN 46206-0368