Our Care Solutions guide to help you navigate the path to long-term care.
Long-Term Care Claims
Long-Term Care Claims
Filing a Long-Term Care Claim with OneAmerica
Please note the following.
- Claim forms must be submitted after Long-Term Care (LTC) services have begun
- The Policy number(s) must be indicated on the LTC Claim Form and Attending Physician's Statement
- Page 4 of the LTC Claim Form (authorization) must be signed & dated
STEP ONE (Required): LTC Claim Form
This form should be completed by the Policyowner and Claimant or the Policyowner and Claimant's legal representative (e.g. Power of Attorney, Guardian, or Conservator). This form is utilized whether your policy includes Long-Term Care language or Convalescent Care language.
Please note: If the policy is owned by a trust, or a legal representative is involved in the claim, a complete copy of the trust or legal representative document is required.
You will want to have the following information ready to successfully complete the form:
- Policy number(s)
- The name, address, and phone number of the claimant’s physician(s)
- The name, address, and phone number of the claimant’s long-term care provider(s)
- Type of service(s) the claimant is receiving (home health care, assisted living, and/or skilled nursing)
- The date long-term care services began with the care provider(s)
- Why the claimant is receiving long-term care services
See an example of a completed form before you start.
STEP TWO (Required): Attending Physician's Statement
This form should be completed by the physician most knowledgeable about the Long-Term Care condition related to this claim.
STEP THREE (OPTIONAL): Direct Deposit
This form should be completed if you want claim(s) payments deposited directly into the Policyowner's account.
STEP FOUR (Required): Submit Claim forms
There are three options for submitting the above claims documentation:
Please note that an e-mail message sent to one of these oneamerica.com e-mail addresses is not secure. To securely send information to us, please utilize secure-oneamerica.com. Once you click that link, click on “Register” under “New to secure e-mail?” and follow the prompts. Once you register and create a secure mailbox, you will be able to exchange secure e-mails with the companies of OneAmerica.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Once the documentation is received, a Care Specialist will be assigned to review the claim forms. The Care Specialist will contact the insured/annuitant or his/her legal representative to proceed with the initial claim interview and discuss the claim process.
For more detailed information regarding the claim process, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
NOTE: OneAmerica® is the marketing name for the companies of OneAmerica. Products issued and underwritten by The State Life Insurance Company® (State Life), Indianapolis, IN, a OneAmerica company that offers the Care Solutions product suite.