Have a question? Like more information?
Protecting Your Information
Security & Browser Requirements
The companies of OneAmerica® understand that your trust in us depends on how well we protect your information. The enterprise utilizes many industry-accepted security practices, such as firewalls, data encryption and verifying your identity before granting access to your account data via this website. See our Information Security Program below for more details.
Information Security Program Overview
OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc. understands that use of information is at the heart of our business. We take the use and handling of customer and employee information very seriously and are committed to its protection. Our Information Security Program works to ensure this protection is based on the primary goals of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
The OneAmerica Information Security department is dedicated to this purpose and focuses on information protection. Information Security is responsible for working with corporate and business units to identify, evaluate and mitigate risks to our people, information and equipment.
OneAmerica puts significant time, money and effort into the risk management processes. We strive to adhere to industry standards for products and processes. We use the advice of third-party industry analysts for guidance. We enlist security specialists for vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and gap analysis.
- We work closely with our Privacy Officer to understand and prioritize the controls needed to maintain compliance with applicable laws.
- We create security policies, standards and procedures and educate our users of their existence and application.
- We monitor and audit internal systems security.
- We consult on business and IT projects to ensure applicable security and business continuity considerations are addressed.
What You Should Do to Protect Your Information
- Do not share your login names or passwords.
- Do not use your Social Security Number or other personal information, such as your date of birth or phone number, as part of your login name or in your password.
- Create unique passwords using a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. Avoid using words found in the dictionary.
- Change your password frequently.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple websites, especially between financial websites and non-financial websites.
- Complete website registration as quickly as possible and regularly monitor your accounts.
- Enable online security and privacy settings for all accounts.
- Ensure that your contact information is always up-to-date.
- Always log out of your accounts before leaving your computer or accessing other websites. When using a public PC (such as in a library or school), also close the browser when you are finished.
- Only use secure Wi-Fi (or a secure hotspot) when accessing your financial accounts.
- Consider using a personal firewall to prevent hackers from invading your personal computer, especially if you are using high speed or broadband to access the Internet.
- Keep your security software up to date (antivirus/antispyware software, system updates, system patches)
- Scan all downloaded software, as well as all removable media (e.g. flash drives, memory sticks), before use.
- Look for the “s” in your browser’s address bar (https://www.oneamerica.com). Do not enter confidential information on a web page that does not contain "https:" in the address bar.
- Do not open emails or attachments in an email from an unknown source.
- Never send confidential information in an unencrypted email.
- Be extremely cautious before clicking any link in an email. It is better to go directly to the website in question instead of clicking on a link.
Adobe Acrobat Reader™
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ is free, and freely distributable, software that lets you view and print Adobe portable document format (PDF) files on all major computer platforms.
Security & Browser Requirements
OneAmerica websites can be accessed using the latest version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) or Apple Safari. Using an older browser or a browser other than those listed may result in issues with page rendering or website functionality.
Additionally, use of a browser that supports SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and a domestic-grade 128-bit encryption (applicable to the U.S. and Canada) is a minimum-security requirement for accessing your online account.
Business Continuity Program
At OneAmerica®, we strive to be there when customers need us most, and there is no exception if we are suffering an outage due to a localized disaster. Our continuity plans are always being reviewed for ways to improve our strategies and decrease our system down time.
The Business Continuity Program encompasses plans that include Emergency Response, Business Resumption and System Recovery. Our program includes quarterly maintenance cycles with metric reporting to senior management to allow for continuous improvement in our planning cycle. We also perform annual testing that allows us to put these plans into action, and find better, faster ways to recover.